in Helsinki airport
in Helsinki airport
Stolen from Terminal Boredom but it's so fucking good...
- Read a lot
- Talk a long walk
- Boredom is essential for your personal development. Good boredom is not doing anything, bad boredom is pointless distraction
- BE SPECIFIC
- Attempts to look or sound more 'authentic' will mark you out as a fraud
- Your instrument is never the problem (unless it's broken)
- Ironic nostalgia + retro shtick is too easy. Make an effort or get off the stage. As Chairman Mao said, "shit or get off the pot"
- Read a lot (more)
- Advertising is to genuine culture what a 12ft tapeworm is to your gut. Strictly for those without the talent + personal courage to be artistic
- Take a long holiday from American/British music
- Doing all the above will make you a more interesting person + hence a more interesting musician.
Mushroom vendors at Liepaja market, September 2014.
AIM network meeting; sojourn to the sea, somewhere near 56.911625, 21.2350119.
Just before the beach, Liepaja, Latvia.
Seriously, the photo doesn't do it justice but there's like 1,000 fucking flies here in the Latvian countryside....
4:22 AM EET. Just moments before elimination.
Two games in. Guest photography Jacques-Alain Finkeltroc.
(This is year six of documenting my sad playoff beards, and probably the only actual documentation I have of my appearance during these years of my life)
From the 'As Seen on TV' store, South Hills Village Mall, Pittsburgh PA. Hang on, cause there's gonna be a lot of these.
I don't want to sound like one of those people who moves to Northern Europe and complains about the winter, but seriously, Helsinki is further North but Tallinn is always colder. Or maybe the better word is 'unforgiving'.
I don't remember what I said, but my voice was small, squeezed, not unloud so much as discrete, anechoic, so that sound as such -- walking, the noise of our clothes, our breathing-- was meaningless, probably unidentifiable, swallowed in the room's million mouths.
I know I'm 28 years late on this but I finally saw Mauvais sang and my mind is fucking reeling.